P H I L I P P I N E S
B O H O L & P A N G L A O I S L A N D
- Manila - Cebu: Cebu Pacific - sometimes there are problems to book tickets with non-Philippine credit cards on the Internet portal. Try to book in normal travel agencies or in the city offices of Cebu Pacific.
- Cebu - Tagbilaran (Bohol): SuperCat Ferry - Comfortable Speedferry (Catamaran) with jet-like seats and movie entertainment (500 PHP - 2009).
SuperCat Ferry to Tagbilaran
- Tagbilaran - Panglao Island (Alona Beach): The cheapest way to get to Alona Beach is to rent a Tricycle for two persons (180 - 250 PHP - 2009). It takes approximately 45min.
Tricycle on the way to Alona Beach...
- The most independent way to getting around Bohol is to rent a motorbike. (500 PHP per day + Fuel - 2009). You can also travel by Jeepney or taxi, but if you like to travel by your own - take the bike! It is easy...!
- One of the most famous sights of Bohol are the Chocolat Hills. These Hills are very unique in the world and it is just amazing to see it. More info about you will find here: Wikipedia - Chocolat Hills
- Balicasag Island, a small island close to Panglao island with a pre-aged coral reef. On the surface of the reef the corals are usually already destroyed, but at the reef edge it is still intact. You can book a day trip from Alona Beach with local fisher for snorkeling. There are also some dive camps at Alona Beach, which offer dive trips to Balicasag Island. But I am afraid that you wont find this coral reef in a healthy condition anymore in the next few years... .
- You will still find the smallest monkey of the world also on Bohol island - the Philippine Tarsier
- We were accommodated on the Panglao Island in the hotel Lost Horizon Beach Resort, a somewhat more expensive accommodation for the Philippines. But it was ok, a really good cuisine and valueable rooms with aircon, bath and cable TV. Free WIFI is available within the whole resort. This resort is situated in the south-west of Panglao Island on the Alona Beach - an area of some hotels and resorts with a beautiful beach.
Lost Horizon Beach Resort